Top 8 High-Quality Polo Shirts Every Guy Should Wear
When you have some of the best polos in your wardrobe, you’ll always be ready for a party, a casual walk, or any other event. Polo shirts are a versatile and evergreen piece of clothing that looks great on any man, regardless of his age or body shape.
A polo shirt has been an essential part of the menswear since its first appearance in the mid-1800s. Although it has gone through many changes and reinventions, it has maintained its unique detail – a collar. You can find a plethora of different polo shirt models that come in diverse colors, materials, and collar types, and no matter which one you choose, you can always pair it with jeans and sneakers to get a casual yet classy look.
This article will lead you through the process of choosing the best polo shirts and present you with the 8 top-notch models suitable for high-class gentlemen.
8 Best Polo Shirts for Men: Evergreen Picks to Wear in 2020 (and Beyond)
Have a look at the eight stylish and high-quality polo shirts you can buy at 7Diamonds and wear them with style wherever you are! Each model comes in different colors and patterns, which can be ideally paired with jeans, Clifton pants, chinos, or shorts. This depends on your fashion preferences and the type of event you're attending.
Our polo shirts for men are made from the best materials: moisture-wicking, anti-bacterial, hypoallergenic, and, in most cases, shrink and wrinkle resistant. Therefore, they are also suitable for those with hypersensitive skin and allergies.
1. Happier Performance Modal Polo – $79
Happier Performance Modal Polo is the best polo shirt model that can create many different styles and outfits while making you feel comfortable throughout the day. Pair it with jeans or colored pants and sneakers, and you’ll get an effortless yet quite stylish outfit suitable for different occasions.
2. We Will Live Performance Modal Polo – $79
To bring a dose of contrast to your monochromatic outfit, we suggest you opt for a We Will Live Performance Modal Polo. It’s a stylish and comfy piece that will fit every guy who wants to enhance his style and seize the new day. You won't go wrong if you pair your pick with pants that are in the same color as the collar and a pair of sneakers or moccasins.
3. Tidal Wave Performance Modal Polo – $79
Another performance polo that will draw your attention for sure is a Tidal Wave Performance Modal Polo. It’s made of hypoallergenic and high-quality materials in which you’ll feel fresh and comfortable even if you spend the whole day outside. It comes in five stylish colors that can be ideally paired with chinos or jeans, and trendy shoes.
4. Walker Performance Modal Polo – $79
If minimalistic and monochromatic polos work the best for you, you should take a look at a Walker Performance Modal Polo. You won't go wrong no matter which color you choose since each of the four looks quite classy and in line with the latest trends in men's fashion. Pair it with chinos or linen shorts, sunglasses, and a pair of shoes, and get ready to sail the ocean.
5. Foster Performance Modal Polo – $79
Foster Performance Modal Polo is the ultimate wardrobe essential that you must have. It’s suitable for both everyday wear, nights out, or when grabbing a couple of beers with friends at the bar. Choose among the seven extraordinarily stylish and versatile shades in which you'll feel extremely comfortable even during the warmest day.
6. Adolfo Polo Shirt – $69
Enhance your classy summer style with the Adolfo Polo Shirt, which comes in two ultimate designs – black floral and navy floral. This is one of the best fitted polo shirts to wear at any time, especially when you’re sitting on the dock and enjoying a hot summer night. Pair it with chino pants, jeans, or shorts, and you’ll get a casual and outstanding look.
7. Rutherford Polo Shirt – $69
If you love polos with the front pocket, you'll also enjoy a Rutherford Polo Shirt. It comes in three fantastic shades, a subtle floral pattern above the pocket and around the collar, and contrast color buttons that provide an additional dose of style. It’s perfect for creating different outfits that will never go out of style, and it’s convenient to pair it with different pants and shoes.
8. The Ultimate Polo – $59
The Ultimate Polo is a classic yet unique staple that will take any style to the next level. It's made from premium cotton with a slight stretch, which makes it a perfect everyday garment for men. It comes in ten different colors and combinations, and it's convenient for wearing throughout the day – office, college, or a casual hangout with friends.
A Complete Buying Guide: How to Find the Best Polo Shirt in 2020?
A key to a polo shirt's versatility lies in the fact that it can be paired with a lot of different pieces of clothes, such as chinos, shorts, jeans, seersucker, and practically any other garment you feel comfortable.
Although it’s about a simple and minimalistic piece, a polo shirt still requires a bit of attention when it comes to choosing one. Not all the polos are of equal quality, materials, collar types, and designs, which is why you need to be careful when buying one.
That said, we have prepared a brief (but complete) guide to find the best men's polos you can wear at any time.
Polo Shirts for Men – DO’s and DON’T’s
To find a shirt that best fits you, you should understand some guidelines on how to wear such a garment properly. Although it seems like it's not possible to make any mistakes with a polo shirt, you actually can – men sometimes wear a polo in the wrong way, which is why they're often dissatisfied with their look.
Here are some tips for choosing the best polos that fit your figure and help you create a high-class look.
DO: Wear Polo Shirts Fitted but Not Too Tight
You should find the best fitting polo shirts, but you shouldn’t opt for one that’s too tight. If you see that you cannot stick a finger between the bicep and the sleeve, it’s an obvious sign that you need a bigger size.
Polos are mostly made from light and high-quality materials such as cotton – therefore, they should fit you nicely without showing too much of your body.
DON’T: Buy an Oversized Polo
A polo shouldn't be either too tight nor oversized. Apart from looking bad on you, you won’t be able to tuck it properly. It will be visible through the pants and won’t look attractive at all. A shirt that fits right shouldn’t provide a lot of slack, and the tail of an untucked shouldn’t extend further than your backside.
DO: Tuck Your Polo When It Feels Right
There’s nothing wrong with tucking your polo whenever you feel like wearing it that way. Still, make sure the occasion calls for it – if you pair it with madras shorts, it may be better to leave it untucked, while seersucker and chinos may look better with a tucked polo.
DON’T: Pop Your Collar
Although it used to be a popular way of wearing a polo, an upturned collar is no longer welcome. If you're afraid of potential sunburns on the neck, apply a bit of sunscreen and leave your home with style.
DO & DON’T: Wear Polo Shirt with Blazer
There are a lot of questions regarding whether you should pair polos with blazers or not. Some fashion experts claim that such an outfit is definitely a no, while some other opinions approve the mentioned style. What to do then?
There’s nothing wrong with wearing a polo with a blazer. In fact, such styles can be quite trendy and suitable for semi-formal occasions and casual dinners with friends. However, the main problem with wearing a polo shirt under a blazer is the shirt's collar, which cannot stand up like a regular button-up shirt collar – that way, it may look quite messy.
Still, if you prefer such a style, make sure you fix any issues that may occur with the polo’s collar before you leave the house.
Polo shirts are often made from high-quality materials, which is why they usually last for a long time. However, it’s not rare to find items of lower quality – although they’re more budget-friendly, they are often quite uncomfortable.
Here are some of the most commonly used materials in polo shirts:
- Blended: Blended synthetics are often used for uniforms and corporate polo shirts since they are more durable and stain-resistant than those made from cotton. They’re cheaper and less comfortable than some more expensive solutions, and they sometimes make a wearer more prone to sweating.
- Polyester: Although polos made from polyester are wrinkle and shrink resistant, they provide limited breathability. They look quite cheap and will make you sweat a lot. It’s not recommended to opt for them.
- Performance: Performance polos are usually made from lightweight synthetics or blends, and some are enriched with silver and UV protection. These polos are specifically designed for athletes.
- Silk: Silk is soft and shiny, but it's not considered the best option for a polo shirt. It often loses its color after some time, especially when it gets hot or wet. Bear in mind that a combination of cotton/linen and silk are much better than pure silk.
- Linen: Linen is mostly seen on polo shirts with no collar, convenient for beaches, and warm weather. It's prone to wrinkling, and it's rougher than cotton, but it still looks nice on men.
- Pure cotton: Cotton is often the most favorable material since it provides a significant dose of comfort, breathability, and style. Cotton polo shirts usually last longer than synthetic materials.
- Pique knit: The best polo shirt you can find is made from pique cotton fabric. It provides a three-dimensional look, it's breathable, and it's one of the most famous polo shirt knit.
- Jersey knit: High-quality polos are also made from jersey knit fabric. It’s less expensive than pique knit, it’s smooth, breathable, and provides quite a sophisticated look.
To find the best polo shirt that properly suits you, you need to understand the three main types of polo's design:
- Classic fit polo shirts: This is the most common type of fit you'll see on polo shirts. It features lower armholes and sleeves that reach closer to the elbow, they're relaxed and suitable for those who prefer to tuck the shirts in.
- Slim fit polo shirts: Slim fit is convenient for guys in excellent shape since they have the trimmest fit throughout the torso and sleeves, they're shorter and made to be worn untucked.
- Custom-fit polo shirts: Such designs are in the middle of classic and slim fit polo shirts. They feature higher armholes than the classic fit and a shorter sleeve length. They also have a trimmer fit against the torso, they're shorter than the classic fit but still longer than the slim fit.